02/26 News on Operation Baby Formula
Today, we received the following message from the One Race Foundation:
Operation Baby Formula – Update from the One Race Foundation
Thanks to your generous donation and contributions made at the Have a Heart for Haiti fundraiser, hosted by Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez and Emile Hirsch, Vin Diesel’s One Race Foundation has shipped 438 cases of formula directly to orphanages in Haiti. That’s over 10,000 canisters of baby formula that will help to ensure that these children will get proper nutrition on a daily basis, develop a robust immune system and have a chance to grow-up strong and healthy.
Deliveries were made to the following crisis centers on February 4th, 12th and 19th:
* Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (temporary distribution site)
* Quisqueya Christian School (temporary distribution site)
* Love a Child Orphanage in Fond Perisian (Oprhanage)
* Foyer Des Enfants Demunis de Haiti (Orphanage)
* La Caravelle des Petits (School and Orphanage)
* The Children’s Foundation of Haiti (Orphanage)
Due to the outrageous demand and the success of the program, we have extended Operation Baby Formula and will continue to deliver formula for as long as there is need. In the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing more photos, videos and on the ground reporting from our network of aid workers. In the meantime, please forward our message so that we can continue to grow this program.
Together, we can change the world one child at a time. Thank you once again.
– One Race Foundation –
The One Race Foundation also updated their donor and supporters list, if you want to take a look at this really impressive list, please go here.
Random Bits and Pieces
- Check out some more pics of Vin in Berlin
- Since Vin seems to have a habit of editing his Facebook messages for a couple of times after he’s posted them, feel free to review all the previous drafts of his Vinbook posts here.
- And lastly, in not so pleasant news, our hearts go out to Walter Koenig (you might know him as “Chekov” from Star Trek TOS) whose son Andrew has been found dead in Vancouver. Our thoughts are with Andrew’s family and friends!